[QuadList] Pre-WAR BBC HD!-Ping Maurice

W4wj at aol.com W4wj at aol.com
Sat Aug 29 19:50:01 CDT 2009

Awesome Ted!!  TNX for that info!!

Don

In a message dated 8/29/2009 6:06:49 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
ted at quadvideotapegroup.com writes:

And another interesting tidbit:  Maurice Schecter is a member of the
group, and is the CE at DuArt in NYC:

One of the respondents was Maurice  Schecheter, who worked in a New York
television studio. He had a collection of  television material and among it
was one of the RCA recordings on 16mm  film.
"He cleaned it up digitally and  transferred it to a video cassette for
me," Mr Emmerson said. "I was  astounded. This was the oldest and probably the
only example of live  high-definition television from the pre-war period."
Perhaps he'll pop in with some details about how he came to have this in
his collection.

Ted