[QuadList] Fwd: Quad expertise sought for Video Restoration in the MIddle East

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Wed Dec 23 13:30:12 CST 2009

A call from Cairo came in this morning, along with Happy Christmas
wishes and a request for help.

The call was from Eyad Aly Labib, the CEO of a system integrator that
reps Grass Valley and other manufacturers from Egypt's capital.

In a number of countries, the materials can't be taken out of the
country or out of the facility to be handled at already-equipped
facilities elsewhere in the world.

On-site or in-country transfer labs are the only option, so he's
looking for collaborative assistance from those who can help train, or
directly assist in setting up on-site Quad and one-inch facilities at
various places in the Middle East.

In addition to the technical aspects of Quad refurbishment,
maintenance and operation, he's looking for   people who can train
others to properly recognize tape condition, implement appropriate
handling like cleaning and baking, and then optimize tape playback.

Equipment assessment and acquisition help would also be in the mix,
along with knowledge of PAL, SECAM and pre-color recording formats in
the Middle East.

I concluded our conversation with "Salaam," and told him I'd pass this
on to folks on the list.

As his message below indicates, they're planning to be in California
(LA, if I recall correctly) the first week of January and would like
to meet with any list members who are available, and if possible, tour
their facilities.

Interested list members can reply directly to Eyad Aly Labib<elabib at bwaves.com

Hope this finds all of you in good health, good spirits and surrounded
by those who love you.

Begin forwarded message: