[QuadList] Hams too - What have I gotten myself into?

Guy Spiller quadruplex at verizon.net
Mon Dec 14 05:38:03 CST 2009

Hi Doug,
Great story...and a constant memory of your old friend too.  Wonderful.
Now you have me thinking about the chances of somehow finding some of my
dad's old gear.  After looking at some pictures of vintage transmitters,
I recognized the one he had when I was a kid...a Johnson Viking 500.
I'll never forget the sound, smell and the way those tubes glowed when
he keyed it...and those cool meters!  Great memories.
I guess I'll be hitting the occasional Hamfest now.  And I'm sure glad
none of this stuff weighs as much as a TR-70.
Guy

--
Guy Spiller
email: quadruplex at verizon.net