[QuadList] Time Base Correctors

C. Park Seward park at videopark.com
Mon Dec 7 22:24:50 CST 2009

Doug,

Here is a split screen comparison between a 1200B with Merlin mods and the NEC TBC and a stock 1200B with Amtec, Colortec and Vel Comp. No DOC at that time.

The Ampex/Merlin looks a little sharper.

The machine with the TBC is easier to operate due to fewer components and greater correction capabilities. It's also more reliable, IMHO. Both of these machines are operational and on-line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I95CbfX0puk

I invite any other list member to post video showing any differences between the various machines.

Best,
Park

C. Park Seward
Visit us: http://www.videopark.com