[QuadList] Ampex VR-1200 on ebay-in Apalachin, NY

Preservation preservation at standby.org
Thu Dec 10 09:31:36 CST 2009

I suspect the seller is one of the many tech recyclers located in
Central/Western NY. They mainly process the detritus of large
companies like Xerox, Kodak, IBM, etc. putting it up for sale to see
if there are any takers before breaking it down for scrap. Probably
doesn't know too much about the unit or care about the dust.

Apalachin is IBM country, though it could come from anywhere. It's
down the road from the Experimental Television Center and also the
town where the Mafia had their infamous meeting in the late 50's. I
pass through there several times a year (I married a Buffalo gal).

Bill Seery
preservation at standby.org
212.627.8070