[QuadList] Ampex VR-1200 on ebay-in Apalachin, NY

DCFWTX at aol.com DCFWTX at aol.com
Fri Dec 11 15:14:31 CST 2009

In a message dated 12/11/2009 11:26:17 AM Pacific Standard Time,
scottgfx at mac.com writes:

> I just noticed that the seller on ebay has two new photos.
>
> There appears to be no headwheel assembly.
>

> Reasserts that the model is a VR-2100. ???
>

> On Dec 11, 2009, at 7:31 AM, Chill315 at aol.com wrote:
>
> >> Don
>>
>> Thank you for the explanation of the DOC on the Ampex machine.  I never
>> saw one with the module 16 installed.  The only ones that I ever saw were
>> the 3 M units.
>>
>> Chris Hill
>>  WA8IGN

"Reasserts that the model is a VR-2100. ???" Well maybe they "created" that
model number after their "rearranging" of electronics.

I recall at KTLA years ago seeing what they called Ampex "1199's", which I
think were jeeped up 1100's with 1200 electronics. I may be off about the
model number, but it was not a standard Ampex catalog item. I think the
engineers there created the term after their ingenuity.

David
www.dcvideo.com