[QuadList] Ampex VR-1200 on ebay-in Apalachin, NY

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Fri Dec 11 16:18:01 CST 2009

David:

I've heard the same VR-1199 number applied to upgraded 1100's.  I think I may have a "VR-1175", as it only has part of the upgrades!  But obviously, none of these numbers are official Ampex numbers.  The part numbers are stamped into the foil labels, so I guess it's possible that the numbers could have been transposed.  Would that make it an extremely rare collector's item, worth many extra thousands of dollars?????

Don