[QuadList] Don's tape from Mark Amistead Productions...

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Thu Feb 5 12:50:38 CST 2009

Hi, Don,

Thanks for the update.

Do the low band and high band segments contain the same content?

Maybe you have the only videotape copy surviving? (See bold text below.)

Is there a Copyright date and owner on paper or in the credits?

Here's what I can find about the program:

A google for "Meet Marcel Marceau" reveals this on Amazon.com:

Product Description
1965-USA A one-man show in 9 parts by the most famous contemporary
pantomimist. MARCEL MARCEAU himself does voice-over introductions of
his various skits. A Paris street-tough finds a wallet; at the circus;
the magician; the kite; the matador; at a society party; "The Passage
Of Time;" Don Juan and a special tribute to Harpo Marx, Buster Keaton,
Stan Laurel and Charlie Chaplin. "Bip," the famous Marceau character,
goes through his paces - a modern tradition. TV kinescope performed
before a live audience...video quality lacks definition in places, but
its well worth the opportunity to "Meet Marcel Marceau." 52 minutes.

Further poking around turned up "an RKO General production in
association with Ronald A. Wilford Associates ; produced and written
by Wally Sherwin ; director, Bob Searles" on this site: http://udm.dalnet.lib.mi.us/

Wilford is engaged in artist management. He currently heads CAMI,
Columbia Artists Managment, Inc., in NYC, and turns up in connection
with Marceau's shows.  A NY Times item about Wilford reports:  "In
1955, he staked his savings on the first American tour of the French
mime Marcel Marceau. Mr. Marceau was a smash, and Mr. Wilford,
building on that success, mastered the business of touring attractions."

Sherwin passed away last year, according to an LA Times obituary:
SHERWIN, Walter J. Wally Sherwin, born August 26, 1918, passed away
peacefully on August 6, 2008 in Van Nuys, CA.  Wally was a noted TV/
Radio executive who served as Program Director  and then General
Manager at KHJ Channel 9 television from 1961-1969.

The March 9, 1964 edition of Box Office reports that: