[QuadList] Transistors for Ampex AVR-2?

C. Park Seward park at videopark.com
Tue Feb 10 19:16:36 CST 2009

Exactly, Steve. I have a 1200 and have found it easy to work on. I do
have some Ampex ICs and others do have some limited spare parts.

I haven't found any problem yet in finding transistors for the 1200,
usually NTE replacements. I haven't had to replace any yet but did buy
a few as backup.

The AVR-2 should reproduce a better picture. One of my 1200 have the
NEC TBC so I would put that up against the 2. Replacing most of the
electrolytics has also helped in the servo stability and video & audio
noise.

I guess it also depends on the application. Is it for the rare dub or
will it be used for exacting reproduction of high-end programs?

Personally, I would take an AVR 1 or 3 over the 2.

Best,
Park

C. Park Seward
Technical Manager