[QuadList] WireLock Systems

allanmc-avtech at comcast.net allanmc-avtech at comcast.net
Fri Jan 9 20:49:05 CST 2009

Phil,

Good refresher course in CT frame pulses.   Thanks for the reminder.

At the Washington CBS News Bureau we also locked to Rubidium.   But, I recall also there being times when we would go into a "WireLock mode" before feeding the Network.  My recollection was that the remote studio (Washington) would receive analog correction signals via AT&T lines from the Master Broadcast Studio (New York) to lock our sync generators to them.   Sounds beautiful!   However, I also recall some glitches with that system.  i.e., one night our Washington CR switcher took and put a 2" quad VTR deck on the line to the network before it was fully locked up.  Since the New York and Washington sync generators where WireLocked together,...the bump and grind of the two generator systems chasing each other was not a pretty sight.  Of course, it was a good system....assuming one avoided putting an unlocked tape deck on line!   But......XXXXX   happens!    Does anyone else remember the WireLock system?

Allan

From: "Phillip G. Shaw" <pshaw at sitestar.net>