[QuadList] Gene Kelley Show color recording system

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Sun Jan 4 11:28:29 CST 2009

		On Jan 4, 2009, at 11:46 AM, WVGO wrote:

 > Apparently, very few digital time base correctors out there are
designed to deal with the line to line errors inherent in quad.  I know
that Harris made one, but I didn't know of any others.

		I offer:

	It's true that though no standalone TBC was built specifically with
quad in mind, there were several quad VTRs that used real built-in
digital TBCs:  I think a version of the AVR-2 had one; I'm certain the
ACR-25C had one (that was the difference between it and an ACR-25A &
B).  And I'll bet Ampex's AVR-3 had a digital TBC as well, the last
quad VTR Ampex made.

			Dennis Degan, Editor-Consultant-Knowledge Bank
	  				NBC Today Show, New York