[QuadList] Check out Vintage Quadruplex VTR Headwheel RCA TRT Quad- eBay (item 23025235

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Wed Jan 28 15:15:43 CST 2009

Hi Chris:

Several words of caution here.......

First of all, the TRT headwheel pictured is a 5 mil, ball bearing assembly
according to the part number.  Also from the writing on the sticker, I'd
assume that it is down to 1.2 mils of tip, so it would appear to be a worn
out head for 7-1/2 IPS with ball bearings.  That's fine for display
purposes, but probably the least desirable head available otherwise.  Also,
FWIW, this has been listed before with no buyers.  I don't remember what he
was asking last time.

I didn't find his listings for the other items that you mentioned, but a
Mark X head does not fit any of the AVR series of machines, so either it is
something else or if it is a Mark X, it fits the VR-1100/1200/2000 (with the
appropriate preamp module).  I'd be amazed if he gets anything close to that
price unless it is an unused refurb 10 mil.   The Mark XV looks like the
Mark X, so it could be that, in which case it fits the AVR-2 or 3.  The
AVR-1 requires a Mark XX.

Don