[QuadList] Welcome Mike and Grace

Grace McKay grace at electricpictures.tv
Sat Jan 31 14:30:12 CST 2009

Hi Ted and everyone-

I operate a little facility in Irvine CA that does film to video
transfers with old Bosch telecines, and a couple of years ago I helped a
friend find some TR-600 RCA quads,  I think we eventually found 6 of
them in various locations and conditions, mostly parts machines, and he
has restored several of them and operates them in Pennsylvania. And just
recently, I was privileged to visit Park Seward's home and see his
wonderful VR-1200 in operation. By the way, Park, thank you, it was
really cool to see that monster running with such beautiful pictures.
His machine itself appeared to me to be pretty much an immaculate
restoration. Anyway, I like and appreciate these old machines, (not
enough to own one, by the way, I have my hands full with telecines,
thank you), and I thought I would like to follow this list to find out
what is going on.

Grace McKay
Television Post Production Services
Nationwide Telecine Services