[QuadList] Reel to Reel VTR and TBC

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Sun Jul 12 22:37:32 CDT 2009

I have done more thinking on this issue.

Everyone is assuming that this is EIAJ format.  Is it?  Or is it  CV or
some other?  CV was a skip field if I remember.

The only thing that you can do to see what the video is on the tape is to
get a waveform monitor or scope out and look at the vertical interval.  If
it does not have Equalizing pulses, then we are in uncharted waters.  See
if the Horizontal is then locked to Vertical.  Not having the lines run
through the picture.  You may have a chance then.

There is the old favorite TBC that is all forgiving and allows for unique
control.  It is the most beautiful system ever devised.  Requires the  use
of two pieces of equipment and some care.

Take an under scanned black and white monitor and shoot it with a  camera.
Then you have all sorts of control via knobs on the monitor and  the
camera.  The monitor acts as a beautiful sponge.  If you have a  fast time
constant in the monitor, then you do not see any flagging.  Use a  dark room to get
rid of reflections.

I have done that in the past and it works.

Chris Hill
Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222377098x1201454399/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Jul
yExcfooterNO62)