[QuadList] Quantel DFS3000 vs NEC FS-10 timeline

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 13 17:16:41 CDT 2009

		On Jul 13, 2009, at 5:28 PM, Ted Langdell wrote:

 > So, is it likely that Quantel had the first PAL frame sync (owing to
it's UK base) and NEC the first NTSC, due it its American television
roots?

		I agree:

	That sounds likely.

		Ted sed:

 > Was NBC a beta test site for the NEC unit?

		I reply:

	Not to my knowledge, but that doesn't mean that they weren't.  My
guess is 'no, NBC was not a beta test site for NEC'.  Back in those
days, NBC would not act as the guinea pig for any company, not even
RCA.  Today of course, it's a different story.    ;)

		Ted:

 > The NEC unit was also discussed on the list back in April:
	<http://mail.quadvideotapegroup.com/pipermail/
quadlist_quadvideotapegroup.com/2009-April/000543.html>

		I say:

	I remember.

	  					NBC Today Show, New York