[QuadList] NEC TBC

C. Park Seward park at videopark.com
Sat Jul 11 14:13:08 CDT 2009

Chris has it right. The TBCs (as are most products) are made for
markets and price points. A VTR made for a 1" will cost more and have
better quality than a TBC made for 3/4" or 1/2".

With color-under formats, you don't need the bandwidth or S/N ratio
that you do for a direct color TBC.

In fact, the best U-Matic TBC would be a direct color TBC that had the
heterodyne card. Even the mighty Zeus has that option.

Best,
Park

C. Park Seward
Visit us: http://www.videopark.com