[QuadList] NEC TBC

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Sun Jul 12 09:54:25 CDT 2009

Hi Ed:

Perhaps a pic of what you actually have would be helpful.  DPS (which became a part of Leitch which is now a part of Harris) made many different models of TBC's ranging from somewhat expensive models to fairly basic models.  The single board "personal" series were their least expensive units.  You've referred to the single board models but also to something that has multiple cards.  That could be one of several "Expansion Systems" which they offered.  These were enclosures with power supplies that could accomodate multiple cards.  The largest was the ES-2000C which could hold 12 cards and included an RC-2000 controller on the front panel of the 4U rack-mount.

Whichever version you have, these are very different TBC's from models which were designed to work with quad machines or even 1" machines.  They were intended for heterodyne VTR's such as U-Matic or VHS.  My experience with DPS has been very good and while I do not have any of the personal series, I suspect that you will find that they work fairly well for their intended purpose.

Don