[QuadList] Cronkite's first half-hour newscast... count the tape roll ins

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 20 19:48:13 CDT 2009

		On Jul 20, 2009, at 5:38 PM, Chill315 at aol.com wrote:

 > I took a tour of 30 Rock and the last TK-41 that was in use was in
the flash studio.  This was sitting there for a breaking story.  This
was in the early 70's after the 44's were out.  I can not remember the
person that gave me the tour but I got to sit in on the video area for
one of the soaps.  The gentleman did the mod to the gamma modules in
the TK-41 proc amp to reduce the noise.

		I query:

	Chris, do you recall if that flash studio was on the 5th floor?  If
so, I know where it was.  Back then, it was referred to as Studio 5N.
The area where that studio was located is now a kitchen, adjacent to
where I work which is called "DPS".

	  					NBC Today Show, New York