[QuadList] Cronkite's first half-hour newscast... count the tape roll ins

DCFWTX at aol.com DCFWTX at aol.com
Mon Jul 20 19:57:23 CDT 2009

In a message dated 7/20/2009 1:51:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
DennyD1 at verizon.net writes:

> NBC did not
> upgrade their TK-41's with new TK-42/43's because those cameras were
> generally considered to be dogs.  So they held onto the -41's until a
> suitable replacement became available, which turned out to be the
> TK-44.

I heard the exact same story from the Burbank engineers. They may have been
on flash studio (6) with them, but not the big studios i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4, or
5(local news).

I will ask one who knows at the next lunch.

David

What's for dinner tonight?  Find quick and easy dinner
ideas for any occasion.
(http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?ncid=emlcntusfood00000008)