[QuadList] Videotape of CBS Kennedy assassination

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Mon Jul 20 22:02:03 CDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sammy Jones"

> On a side note, I recently got to witness a quad machine in action for the
> first time!  It was a later model Ampex (sorry don't know enough about
> them
> to know which one; a model number wasn't evident on the machine) at South
> Carolina Educational TV.  What a thrill to see a tape threaded and played
> back on that beast!
>
> Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge!
>
> Sammy Jones
> Associate Producer
> Georgia Public Broadcasting

Good to have another member in the "neighborhood"!  I'm in NC and as far as
I know, I have the only operating quads in the state.  I knew there were
also machines in VA & TN, but didn't know about any in SC.  Anyway, if you'd
like to see more quad and 1" machines in action, you're welcome to visit any
time!

Don