[QuadList] Was Videotape of CBS Kennedy assassination, Now SCETV 1-inch Consoles

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Tue Jul 21 16:48:33 CDT 2009

		On Jul 21, 2009, at 3:30 PM, dcfwtx at aol.com wrote:

 > Picture attached. Perhaps it was these.

		I shake my head:

	Sorry, no.  I think the VTRs in question were Type "C" machines.  I
saw this in 1979.  The transport was angled higher than the one in your
photos, almost vertical.  There were sheet metal panels on either side
of the transport filling in some space in the console, making it really
wide (like two racks wide, or maybe a little more).  It looked sort of
like a BVH-2000 console only wider, but this was before the BVH-2000
came out.  It MIGHT have been a BVH-1100 in a wide console.  It's
possible that it was some kind of custom SCETV console.

	  					NBC Today Show, New York