[QuadList] SCETV Consoles--did they look like these RCA

W4wj at aol.com W4wj at aol.com
Wed Jul 22 16:54:08 CDT 2009

Just as an aside...  Ampex did make the VR1200E...   It was a flatdeck
VR1200 with no monitor bridge.  Very similar in  appearance to the AVR2.
Used a 1200E at WCIX in Miami.  On  Saturdays I would roll it out of the
building into our  Cortez motor home and go do a bowling remote...  It was
the instant replay machine!!

One thing about the AVR2...  When you had a 90 loaded up  on that machine
you kept your fingers crossed when the machine rolled and the  tension arms
almost dropped out as the tape got up to speed!!  Certainly  not a AVR-1!!

Don Murray
Retired from 40 years in Miami Television
35+ years at WTVJ NBC O&O

In a message dated 7/22/2009 4:32:44 P.M. Central Daylight Time,