[QuadList] Videotape of CBS Kennedy assassination

DCFWTX at aol.com DCFWTX at aol.com
Wed Jul 22 22:19:45 CDT 2009

In a message dated 7/22/2009 8:08:01 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
sjones69 at bellsouth.net writes:

> I thought it was a little funny that the network stuff was in black and
> white, while WBAP was in color!  Does anybody know exactly what the
> problems
> were the first couple of times NBC tried to receive WBAP's feed?

Sammy,

I was not "in the trenches" that day, although I was in Fort Worth, in 4th
grade. It appeared that WBAP had to break into the NBC network round robin
with a precise switch locally and in New York. I guess there was some
communication problem, feedback etc. The videotape (A&E playing NBC coverage)
pretty much says it all. I can't imagine the chaos AT&T was going through in Fort
Worth and Dallas that afternoon when all hell broke loose. Kennedy being
rushed off to Parkland, LBJ being rushed to Love Field, sworn in, and getting
"out of Dodge" as fast as possible.

If you ever get a chance to read Jim Bishop's book on that day, do so. It's
not so much about radio or TV, just the events leading up to and
surrounding the shooting in Dallas, in regard to four people or groups: JFK, Oswald,
Ruby, and the Dallas Police Department.

David

What's for dinner tonight?  Find quick and easy dinner
ideas for any occasion.
(http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?ncid=emlcntusfood00000008)