[QuadList] Videotape of CBS Kennedy assassination

Sammy Jones sjones69 at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 22 22:07:20 CDT 2009

David says:
"When A&E ran the 20th anniversary show of NBC's coverage for six hours in
real time, Edwin Newman hosted, and reported that it took a certain amount
of
time to get tape rolling in New York. No, I have never seen a tape or kine
as in a Burbank recording of that "gap". All of NYC's coverage was in black
and white. However, the switch to WBAPs coverage with late breaking updates,

was in color for a few times, until NBC made it black and white after about
an hour. Apparently NBC was embarrassed that the network coverage was black
and white and WBAP's feed was color, so I've heard."

David, you beat me to the punch on this!

I thought it was a little funny that the network stuff was in black and
white, while WBAP was in color!  Does anybody know exactly what the problems
were the first couple of times NBC tried to receive WBAP's feed?

Sammy Jones
Associate Producer
Georgia Public Broadcasting