[QuadList] AVR-3s

W4wj at aol.com W4wj at aol.com
Sat Jul 25 01:27:38 CDT 2009

Hi Bob...

Very interesting...

The AVR 3's were in the production area.  All network  news stories were
put across to the production ACR-25 for  playout.  Film stories remained on
A-B reels...

In the air area, an AVR-1 two AVR2's and the second  ACR-25 handled
those duties.  Production VTR's could be called across to  air if needed.

During the AVR-3 ramp up with the field engineers, I did see  some two
inch tape get "snapped" in half when one of the 3's would do a
fast-forward and rewind simultaneously!!!  ;-)   Fun stuff!!  That problem was solved!!

DonM

In a message dated 7/25/2009 12:40:20 A.M. Central Daylight Time,