[QuadList] AVR-3s

Joe Owens jpo at prestodigital.ca
Tue Jul 28 16:30:35 CDT 2009

  At one point we had 5 AVR-3s on the main floor and 2 downstairs at
VTR Productions Toronto.
Three of the main machines were tied to "On-Line" with an RA-4000
controller.  The other two were "wild" records and duplication/
production decks.
The two downstairs were for recording mass duplication masters of
features being one-lighted from the Bosch FDL.  Those two were
dedicated 7.5 inch per second for feature length to a single 60
minute tape.
We got very good at pulling the master power button whenever one of
them got the "buck-bucks" and went into uncontrollable tension arm
feedback.

Joe Owens
Presto!Digital Colourgrade
302-9664 106 Avenue