[QuadList] Chris Hill's old favorite TBC--

W4wj at aol.com W4wj at aol.com
Sun Jul 26 17:05:11 CDT 2009

Years before TBC's hit the ground running, WLTV in Miami  would
feed the video from their Akai 1/2" R-R B&W  portable videotape
machine into their "Winchester Cathedral Video Converter" to  air.

The Converter: A B&W monitor, in a black box with a large  viewing hood,
with just enough of an opening for a GE PE-250  to take the shot!!

Crude but cheap, and the "first" ENG tape on the air in  Miami!!

Don Murray
Retired from 40 years in Miami Television
35+ years at WTVJ NBC O&O

In a message dated 7/25/2009 7:20:34 P.M. Central Daylight Time,