[QuadList] Fwd: Merlinized Shibaden for Vidtronics' dub system (wasToshiba)

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Tue Jun 2 21:30:00 CDT 2009

Ken Zin was alerted to the discussion by Tony at Videomagnetics... and
replied:

Begin forwarded message:

> Merlin ME-68
> It was designed as an very modern advance tape recorder. Servo
> tension system, the tape follow arms are not just mechanical
> dampers, the follow arms are electronic sensors for the tape reel
> servo! Richard  (Dick.. do not remember his last name) work for
> Merlin in the early years and came from Ampex Instrument Div. He is
> the Engineer that design the servos   (Reel, Drum and Capstan)
> for the Merlin ME-68. I also think that he design the remote system
> also.
> AL Sturm design the signal system with VHO, multi-standard, hi-band,
> low band color, low band B/w. Al, I  think may still have a manual.
> Regards,
> Ken Zin

He advised after checking that he doesn't have a manual.

Anyone with information on Japanese Quads is invited to contact your
easily distracted secretary who now needs to go make some money.

Skype: 	TedLangdell
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com