[QuadList] Shiba Soka and Visual Quads

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Wed Jun 3 09:03:05 CDT 2009

I have a brochure somewhere for the Shiba Soko quad that was used to do
slow motion playback.  It had two sets of heads on it.  This was a  prototype
and never made production.  The HS-100 was the answer to slow  motion.

Does anyone know how many regular quads were made by them?

Visual took pieces from a number of companies and sold quads.  They  would
take a VR-1000, TRT or even a Ferenseh and sell it here.  They used  Allen
electronics and a lot of other items to give you a high band quad for  cheap.
 I remember them at a NAB show with all three models.  The TRT  version
went to a station in West Virginia if I remember.

If I ever find either of these I will scan them and  post. They are hidden
away if I still have them in deep storage and will  take a long time to find.

Chris Hill
cntnew00000007)