[QuadList] video splicing tape

C. Park Seward park at videopark.com
Tue Jun 2 13:36:16 CDT 2009

Dave,

Good luck on your search. If you find anything that works, please let
us know.

Here is what I found out recently:

Yes Park: Brady makes the foil tape that I use on all video splices
during my recycling of 3/4" and Betacam cassettes. It comes in several
widths and you have to take a given number of spools as a minimum order.
You can contact them at W.H.Brady specialty products #1-800-662-5688.
They are in Milwaukee, Wisc. the widths that I use are...
3/4" Umatic = .72" x 108 ft.
VHS, Betacam, etc. = .479 x 108 ft.
I think they derive these dimensions for use longitudinally, however I
use it across the splice point so as to keep traveling disturbances to
a minimum. I don't know what is suggested for 2" Quad, but they will
on a minimum order cut to any desired width.
Regards, George Schowerer

You have to be careful what you buy and might want to ask if the foil
is actual foil or metalized plastic. There's both floating around, and
the metalized plastic is much thicker, almost 3 mils. I'm not sure
Brady still has the metal foil, as they dropped a lot of this stuff
last year, including regular splicing tape.

Kurt

Camera City in Hampton, VA sells a thin metallized mylar tape for
masking slides and photographic plates.  I don't know who they get
it from, but it's a quarter inch wide and less than half the
thickness of standard blue splicing tape.  It might work although
half-inch would be better.
--scott

Best,
Park