[QuadList] Ampex/Toshiba and Quads made outside the US including Bosch--2.2MB of pix

C. Park Seward park at videopark.com
Tue Jun 2 21:02:36 CDT 2009

Well, I know who to vote for to prepare the next "The History of
Television".

Great job, Ted.

 From Jim Wheeler, ex-Ampex:  "At Ampex. color  was not possible until
Ampex hired Charles Coleman from CBS Research in Chicago.  Coleman had
developed a glass delay line system for lining up the start of the H
lines.  This later became known as Amtec and the VR-2000 used it for
making stable color recordings.  Expensive but it worked.

And without the "Ginsburg patent", any recording using the FM
modulation method would not be possible.

Love the pictures. I bet the Bosch quad was a fine machine.

Best,
Park

C. Park Seward
Visit us: http://www.videopark.com