[QuadList] More Quad Video

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Fri Jun 5 06:47:49 CDT 2009

		On Jun 4, 2009, at 10:06 PM, Don Norwood wrote:

 > I've enjoyed Park's video clips of some of the old programs and
comercials. Part of the fun of restoring and maintaining these machines
is the treat of seeing old material again after many years.  So, I
decided to give YouTube a try myself and have just posted my first
video, a weather segment from NBC's today show.  You'll probably be
amused by the graphics and the appearance of folks from almost 30 years
ago.  Playback was on one of my Ampex machines of course!

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0Z8xoVZ6I>

Since it's my first attempt at this, any comments as to quality or ways
to improve the video would be appreciated.  It definitely loses
something on YouTube, but maybe that's the nature of the beast.

		I say:

	Amazingly good picture, Don.  It looks clean enough to have been shot
today.  I could not see any velocity error, the usual telltale sign of
quad video.  Many of the quad VTR's I worked with were not equipped
with VelComp so I learned pretty quickly how to spot velocity error.
	 And the tape was so clean, I saw no dropouts either.  Your DOComp
must be in good shape too.  Nice work.

	  					NBC Today Show, New York