[QuadList] More Quad Video

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Fri Jun 5 15:32:38 CDT 2009

		On Jun 5, 2009, at 11:03 AM, Don Norwood wrote:

 > I played this on what I call my VR-1200ABC, because it's a machine
I've built up over the past years with components from all 3 versions
of the 1200.  The main "body" is a 1200, but the signal system is from
a 'B' and the servo is from a 'C', and there are some other mods as
well.  As you noted, it does have Velcomp, and the DOC is a Merlin
ME-188A instead of the Ampex DOC.  The restoration of this machine was
aimed more at being good than being 100% authentic, but it is an all
Ampex machine except for the DOC.

		I say:

	I'd classify that as a true archiving machine then.  Makes the best
pictures from good source material.  I'll send all my quad tape to be
archived to you from now on.    ;)      (If I had any!)

	  					NBC Today Show, New York