[QuadList] More Quad Video

Guy Spiller quadruplex at verizon.net
Fri Jun 5 16:11:05 CDT 2009

That is an excellent recording, to be sure....especially considering a
local station did it.
 From my experience, the smaller market stations, Richmond included,
often tended to be a little lax on record optimization, deviation, tip
penetration and standard guide position....probably because the machines
were busy most of the day playing back spots from all over the place,
and the time to set up for optimum standard recordings was scarce
sometimes.  The consistently best quad recordings I got in back in the
day were from major market production houses..not surprisingly.
I guess they had a cart machine by then to handle spot playback there in
'82?  It appears those guys in Winston-Salem were really on top of
it....and your 1200 "speaks" RCA very well indeed!
Guy