[QuadList] Visual Electronics VA Quad deck

DCFWTX at aol.com DCFWTX at aol.com
Sun Jun 14 15:52:23 CDT 2009

In a message dated 6/14/2009 1:38:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
ted at quadvideotapegroup.com writes:

> Hi, Guy,
>
> On Jun 14, 2009, at 8:23 AM, Guy Spiller wrote:
>
> >> Now, I can see the picture as well.  Interesting looking machine.  I
>> wonder...did they make their own headwheel panels, or did they use an Ampex
>> or RCA?
>> Guy
>>

> None of the above.

The panel pictured is similar to an RCA ball bearing design. Not exactly
though. The MI-40760-DZ head that I have has the two electrical connections in
different locations that the Bosch.

The Bosch head I saw  was for the TRT series, meaning that Bosch apparently
did build/refurb some for RCA. More on that later. Will take a phone call
to the one who has that headwheel.

David Crosthwait

DC Video
WWW.DCVIDEO.COM

Choose the home loan that saves you the most $$$. Agents
available at ditech.com
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221374924x1201371434/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fclk.atdmt.com%2FDEG%2Fgo%2F153724534%2Fdirect%2F0
1%2F)