[QuadList] Visual Electronics VA Quad deck

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Sun Jun 14 20:57:16 CDT 2009

Guy:

It does appear to have some RCA inspired design elements!  But then it also has a control layout like the later Ampex machines (AVR-1 and 3) with the control panel on the right side of the transport.  The dates I found on these were '67, but I cannot be sure of the accuracy.  Below is a pic of one supposedly from '63 which is much more basic, and then one that is labeled '70's which has a different transport, appearing much more like an AVR-3 or TR-600.

Don