[QuadList] Fwd: Ampex, RCA and Sony

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Thu Jun 18 11:13:34 CDT 2009

This is some interesting history.

Shibaden was related to Toshiba.  Merlin got the right to sell  there decks
and a few of the accessories here in the US.  In fact I had an  AMTEC,
COLORTEC and VELCOMP from them.  The only difference in one of the  units was
that a pot was added to adjust the  unit for unity gain.   Otherwise is was a
direct copy except for the metric hardware.

Shibaden was probably the most blatant of the copy machines.  I have  never
seen any of the other Japanese machines.

Now does anyone know about the machines that were manufactures in the
Soviet Union?

Chris Hill
fingertips.