[QuadList] Friday Night Follies: Adds missing links to sign on and spot

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Sun Jun 21 12:12:07 CDT 2009

On Jun 21, 2009, at 9:04 AM, C. Park Seward wrote:
> My goodness... don't tell me they are using Betacam SX for archive!
> It's only 18 MB/sec, worse than mini DV. The format was designed for
> news gathering.
>
> Best,
> Park

No, not for archiving. it was a station-wide tape format unification.

BetacamSX replaced the Betacam & BetacamSP news equipment, and 1"
program-length record/playout used for long-form material off
satellite... movies and syndicated shows.

My 1" machine collection was partly motivated by wanting to see what
was on the tapes I acquired when the 1" library was disposed of, and I
got a carload of tapes.

Now, I suspect things are all server based for the program-length
material.

Skype: 	TedLangdell
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com