[QuadList] .NBC is said to have trashed around 15 years of "Tonight Show"...

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Mon Mar 2 20:29:52 CST 2009

smecc  has 1/2 "  also... but we are choosey as to   what  work we take on.

_www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org)

In a message dated 3/2/2009 4:38:58 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
ted at quadvideotapegroup.com writes:

On Mar 2, 2009, at 4:18 PM, Dennis Degan wrote:

Did anyone here see CBS  Sunday Morning yesterday?

<snip>

Someone I work with at NBC named Lydia  was also interviewed about her 1986
university video on EIAJ tape that she  can no longer play because there are no
machines available to her to view it  with.  She said she hadn't seen the
program on that tape in 20  years.

There ARE a number of working EIAJ machines around the country... so she  CAN
get her tape transferred to something she can both view it from and use to
edit, should she want to do that.

VidPax has that sort of equipment.

This  situation is almost as bad as throwing the Carson tapes away.  If you
have nothing to play them on, you can't archive them for the future.   And
there's no such thing as a permanent storage medium.

Dennis Degan,  Editor-Consultant-Knowledge Bank
  NBC Today Show, New  York

That's one of the major reasons for the existence of the Quad Videotape
Group: Preserving Tape, Equipment and the Knowledge to use them.

That, have fun doing it and socializing along the way.

Speaking of that, don't forget... Tuesday, April 21, 12:30 p.m.:  Second
Annual Lunch at NAB.
Location being arranged.

Ted

Thanks,

Ed Sharpe, Archivist for SMECC

See the Museum's Web Site at _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org/)

We are always looking for  items to add to the museum's display and ref.
library - please advise if you  have anything we can use.

Coury House / SMECC
5802 W. Palmaire Ave.  Phone 623-435-1522
Glendale Az 85301 USA

CONFIDENZIALE:  Questo messaggio e gli eventuali allegati sono confidenziali
e riservati. Se  vi è stato recapitato per errore e non siete fra i
destinatari elencati,  siete pregati di darne immediatamente avviso al
mittente. Le informazioni  contenute non devono essere mostrate ad altri, né
utilizzate, memorizzate o  copiate in qualsiasi forma.

CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail and any attachments  are confidential and may
contain reserved information. If you are not one of  the named recipients,
please notify the sender immediately. Moreover, you  should not disclose the
contents to any other persons, nor should the  information contained be used
for any purpose or stored or copied in any  form.