[QuadList] QuadList Digest, Vol 9, Issue 9 NOW Jack Calaway

C. Park Seward park at videopark.com
Thu Mar 5 22:37:00 CST 2009

Sounds like the time I met Dave Bargen, the founder of ISC video
editing that became Grass VPE series and then Editware. Dave was at
the open house of a mega facility in Dallas when they were having
trouble with a switcher. During preroll, everything looked fine until
right before the dissolve, the switcher took the same source on both
busses and did a dissolve to the same VTR, which of course showed
nothing. Certainly not the dissolve from A to B that we planned. Well,
Dave sat down and pressed a few buttons and the edit screen filled
with numbers. Dave scrolled down a few, changed one row of numbers and
then the numbers disappeared to show the standard edit screen. "Try it
now", he said. And it worked perfectly.

Best,
Park

C. Park Seward