[QuadList] SSSM -content preserved--update

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Fri Mar 6 21:44:53 CST 2009

Hi, all...

Thanks for all the interest in preserving this particular collection
of information.

Overnight, John Buck, Tim Stoffel  and I began some things that and
we hope will lead to a problem-free restoration of the Museum pages
Jack Calaway created, with the addition of background on Jack and
what he did professionally and otherwise.

It may take some time to track down anyone with an interest in Jack's
estate and make sure there are no issues... so bear with us as we
find the time necessary to pull things together.  If you live in or
near Corvallis, Oregon... you could be of great help.

An domain has been secured, and I'll buy a beverage of your choice at
NAB for the first three people who can figure out what it is. (Reply
to me off-line, please.)

Meantime, if you have stories about Jack, photos, descriptions or
material that would be applicable to an on-line Jack Calaway Museum
in his honor, please keep it safe, and let us know what you have.

Let's see what we can do to keep similar resources from
disappearing.  You might be surprised what our group can pull off!

Know that this thread has sparked some assistance from some very
helpful resources, in keeping with the "preservation of the knowledge
to use them" aspect of the group.

 From a Starbucks in Denver, headed for Colorado Springs, where Quad
Heads get new life!

(Sounds like the name of an award... The Quad Head Award for......  I
don't know... suggestions?  What it looks like?  A retired headwheel,
perhaps?)

*Please highlight the last sentence and change the subject line to
Quad Head Award if you reply about this idea.

Secretary for the  QuadVideotapeGroup.com:
Preserving Tape, Equipment and the Knowledge to use them, in
conjunction with the Library of Congress
ted at quadvideotapegroup.com