[QuadList] This has to be a record

DCFWTX at aol.com DCFWTX at aol.com
Fri Mar 27 16:02:40 CDT 2009

In a message dated 3/27/2009 12:37:20 PM Pacific Standard Time,
garyada at ix.netcom.com writes:

> Unrelated, in the 80s, I had a contractor job at NBC in New York, to
> document the addition of a few more channels in Switching Central.  Looking
> over Dennis' photos brought back memories.  In fact, I opened the door to
> the announce booth and caught Don Pardo on the phone with his broker no
> doubt.  I have in my garage, many drawings of the system at that time period
> to include the exact wiring of the GA computers and the complete equipment
> makup of a single channel and path. It's pretty interesting.   If anyone is
> interested in it, it doesn't need to sit here.  Mostly blueprints which
> would  be somewhat faded but not completely.  I knew many people previously
> having worked for RCA prior but I wasn't a normal fixture there.
>
> Regards, Gary

Gary,

Was switching central in NYC at that time similar to Burbank, where the whole
system was hand built, with relay switching in many, many racks, TP-90, TP-5
(Time Preset), etc.? This drove all of the record VTR's out West for zone
delay recording and such (with someone watching over it). Gray panels with rear
lit huge numbers?

David