[QuadList] This has to be a record

Gary Adams garyada at ix.netcom.com
Fri Mar 27 16:40:29 CDT 2009

I am not the expert on this list but I think NYC had older equipment.
Dennis' pictures are pretty good.  At the same time I was spending some time
with a woman that worked in the Burbank TCR room.  All of the channel
control was run by General Automation computers which pretty much had lots
of switching transistors and relays.  There was some serial control of
things as well.  I'll try to dig out my photos on this.  At that time, the
channels in New York were for multiple feeds not counting the time zone
delays.  Feeds such as local channel and multiple sports on the weekends.
In fact the time zone delays at that particular time were driven by a system
built by the company I was working for.  A computer system recording one
feed and delaying for multiple hours.  It was mostly automatic.  Controlling
Panasonic cassette machines.  You are probably describing what happened just
prior to the time frame I am speaking.

Gary