[QuadList] Dropout Compensator

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Fri May 1 09:06:20 CDT 2009

Maybe someone can answer the question about who made the drop out  units.

Ampex had the unit that was a plug in board for the VR-1200 series.   This
was made by them.  It did not have the color phase inversion so you  might
see the replacement.

3M Mimcom built the three rack unit that was installed in the VR-1200's
that I had.  It had the color inversion and even had a test generator for  it.

RCA had a module that plugged into the TR series units.

I heard a rumor that 3M built the units for RCA.  Does anyone  know?  Was
this done only for the later machines?  The early ones that  I have
information for does not have the color inversion.  The early  ones were two modules
wide.  The later ones that were for the TR-60 and  TR-70 was a single
modules.  It had a switch on the front that  stated off, mono, and color.  There
was also a color phase screwdriver pot  on the front.  This is the one that I
had heard was built by 3M.

Chris Hill
web. Get the Radio Toolbar!