[QuadList] I know that it ain't the real thing but .........

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Fri May 29 15:28:20 CDT 2009

		On May 29, 2009, at 12:00 PM, Tony Quinn wrote:

 > I've just been given a BVH-500 (circa 1982)- not only did it fire up
with a 12v DC supply, but the vid out was capable of locking a TV (in
mono naturally). I'm looking forwards to sorting it out as required!

		I say:

	That's a great find.  As you may know, there was an external unit
available that would give you a color picture for monitoring only.  It
was a heterodyne color processor that would allow you to check mainly
for the presence of color information in the picture.  Using it for
dubbing was not recommended.  But if you have the right TBC, you could
get a true RS-170 stable color picture from the VTR.

	  					NBC Today Show, New York