[QuadList] RCA Hetrodyne Process and Early Color

Ed Reitan ereitan at novia.net
Sun Nov 15 14:12:54 CST 2009

Hi Chris,

You are quite correct about the error correction process.

The Heterodyne process was devised by Dalton H. Prichard, the color television receiver guru at RCA Labs - what a group of geniuses that were resident at RCA Labs.

Dalton gave me a copy of his report, that he had authored, on the Color Tape Heterodyne Processor .  He told me he had done the heterodyne process at 20 MHz - because he just happened to have a supply of 20 Mhz I.F. transformers in his lab.

 - and now the Sarnoff Corporation, with no appreciation for the donation of the building to them, is evicting the David Sarnoff Library!  What a travesty.

Ed Reitan