[QuadList] Bill Carpenter

Guy Spiller quadruplex at verizon.net
Fri Nov 27 06:04:54 CST 2009

Great to have you join us, Bill!
Glen Rose was my Ampex sales guy here in Virginia back in the
heyday...sold me a lot of stuff, but I had no idea he had anything to do
with the AVR-2.  He has relatives near here, and we got together a
couple of years ago when he was out visiting.   He got quite a kick out
of how much of the stuff he sold me I have reacquired and am using again.
I have a couple of long dormant AVR-2s in my stable that are on the list
to get up and running at some point.  Unfortunately, I never worked with
that machine anywhere in my quad career, and these two are the first
I've actually seen outside of the NABs of long ago.  It's great to know
we now have an expert on them on the list!
Guy

--
Guy Spiller
email: quadruplex at verizon.net