[QuadList] Got my VR 1200's

Doug Bingley dbingley at rock95.com
Fri Nov 27 08:04:05 CST 2009

Thanks to some assistance from Don Norwood, I received two VR1200B's a
couple of weeks ago. Should keep me busy all winter long!

Couple of questions:

1. What is normal air pressure and volume requirements for these beasts? Can
I get away with a really little compressor and a big tank, or do I need
something with a lot of grunt?

2. Normally I recap old equipment as when a cap goes it often takes other
components with it. I will likely recap at the least the power supplies.

I am thinking of going through board by board and replacing electrolytics
before I power it up, but I'm afraid this could damage something as I work
on the boards. On the other hand I have worked on 70 year old radios that
still function with old caps.

What have others experienced?

Doug