[QuadList] AMPEX Mark Ten 5 mil head

DCFWTX at aol.com DCFWTX at aol.com
Mon Nov 30 09:48:33 CST 2009

In a message dated 11/30/2009 3:14:27 AM Pacific Standard Time,
quadruplex at verizon.net writes:

> If I only had a 1200!
> I have some personal 7 1/2 ips low band monochrome recordings that I
> would like to play someday, and so far, have been unable to find an RCA
> 5 mil head.
> Back in the day, I saw very few 7 1/2 ips recordings that were not low
> band...but of course, most of my quad experience back then was in
> educational television.  When we went color in '69, we went to 15
> ips...and sadly, more than a few 15 ips recordings were made with
> leftover 5 mil heads.  Talk about squirrelly tracking...
> Has anyone else had much conact with 7 1/2 material?  I know that I have
> not yet gotten an outside 7 1/2 tape in to transfer or even an inquiry
> about it.
> Guy

Guy,

I do occasionally get 7.5 I.P.S. tapes, both low band and high band. They
are usually but not always the old NET recordings (before PBS).

David Crosthwait

DC Video
Archived Media Transfer & Re-mastering Services
177 West Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA. 91502
818-563-1073
818-563-1177 (fax)