[QuadList] 7.5 ips experiences was AMPEX Mark Ten 5 mil head

Guy Spiller quadruplex at verizon.net
Mon Nov 30 10:50:37 CST 2009

Hi David,
I must have set up and played back hundreds of those NET tapes from Ann
Arbor in the '60s.  I was the nighttime transmitter op, tape op,
switcher op, and station break announcer..oh, and night watchman...all
at once. The good old days.....
The station here started with a couple of TRT-1Bs and then later on a
TR-3 and a couple of TR-4s.  I do remember a few of those tapes being
7.5, but that was very early on.   I don't remember any color ones though.
I remember helping to install the 7.5 kits in the TRTs so that we could
play them!
Guy

--
Guy Spiller